Drug abuse is a serious public health problem that affects almost every community and family in some way. Each year, drug abuse causes millions of serious illnesses or injuries among teenagers. Estimates of the total overall costs of substance abuse among youths alone, including lost productivity and health- and crime-related costs, exceed $600 billion annually.
“Abuse and the Teenagers” is a class presentation focusing on creating awareness about drug abuse with emphasis on involvement of teenagers in drug abuse. This class has been designed for parents, guardians, school administrators, and most importantly for teenagers between the age group of 15-19 years. There is no prerequisite for taking this seminar.
- A PowerPoint presentation which helps in understanding this serious problem
- Highly interactive material and activities for the participants
- On the completion of this course, learners will acquire knowledge about the dangers of drug abuse
- You will also get well-equipped with the solutions to this social evil which is currently threatening family structure and causing society instability
- What is drug abuse
- Why should we care
- Why are teenagers abusing drugs
- What are they doing
- How do they figure out what to do
- Stages of drug abuse
- What are the risks
- How can we help
Language of instruction: English